2015年7月8日 星期三

剛巧碰到 come across




To come across有好多意思
第一個意思是巧遇 剛好遇到 碰巧找到
I came across a green bird on my way back home.
(我在回家的路上巧遇一隻青鳥)
She came across this gashapon in the City filled with little bird models.
(她在市區找到這台都是鳥公仔的扭蛋機)
第二個意思是看起來顯得怎樣怎樣
Bisou came across as shy when I first found her in the pet shop. That impression can't be wronger I later found out.
(比朱一開始在寵物店裡看起來很害羞,這個第一印象真是大錯特錯)

If you happen to come across me or Bisou, make sure that you say hello to us!
(如果你在路上巧遇比朱記得和我們打招呼喔!)


盡其可能 Go out of one's way



Go out of one's way的意思就是特別的努力 用盡所有方法去做某件事
別人可能都不會想到你會這麼努力的那種努力法
Bisou goes out of her way to keep its feathers clean and shinny, for which she takes a lot of showers in Summer.
(比朱盡其可能讓羽毛乾淨閃亮)
Mommy goes out of her way to make sure that the office AC is set at a reasonable temperature to avoid wasting energy.
(媽咪盡其可能讓辦公室的冷氣溫度合理不要浪費能源)
I go out of my way to take buses when I travel
(當我旅行時總會盡量搭公車)
My uncle goes out of his way to ride scooters to work.
(我叔叔盡可能都騎摩托車去上班)

What do you go out of your way to do?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...